Friday, January 29, 2016

Valentine's Day Monogram Plaque

Good morning.  Today I have a plaque to share with you created using a ceramic heart as the base to the project.



Directions:

1.  I first sized a heart from Cricut Design Space's included shapes.  Once I was satisfied that the heart matched closely, I selected the subway Valentine's Day art from Cricut cartridge Word Collage.  I spliced the heart into the subway art and cut the negative piece from vinyl.  

2.  I placed the vinyl on the ceramic heart to create my stencil.  I used a DecoColor paint marker in liquid gold to color in the spaces (words) and removed the vinyl (no drying time needed).

3.  Next, I cut my and my husband's initials out of black vinyl and a "&" sign and heart in red and placed them on the ceramic heart. 

4.  My last step was to add the hanger using red twine and a bead spacer to hold the knot in place.  I embellished the hanger with red, gold and pink ribbon and my ceramic heart was ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving some love! I hope to see you back!